Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 24, 2016

World Parkinson Congress - Final Day


We were up early today and had breakfast with Pertti and a grad student from India. That's one of the brilliant ideas behind the World Parkinson Congress. Doctors, researchers, grad students, therapists and people with Parkinson's and their care-partners are all treated as equals and may attend any program they want to. 

We grabbed my stack of books and went to my Poster presentation on how I use humor to educate about Parkinson's. I gave a free copy of my Parkinson's Humor book to everyone who stopped by.  


My Poster  presentation

When I was done with my presentation, I wandered through the exhibit hall and ran into James Beck, Ph.D (he's the Chief Scientific Officer at Parkinson's Foundation). James and I have been Tweeting back and forth for years, so it was nice to finally meet in person.
YumaBev and James Beck Ph.D
Soon after, Israel Robleto walked up and said hello. I know him from Facebook. 


YumaBev and Israel Robleto

I was tired, so we went back to our room for a quick nap. I'd been looking for Jill Carson for three days and finally found her at the closing ceremony.

YumaBev and Jill Carson
They announced where and when the 5th Congress will be: Kyoto Japan, June 2-7, 2019. If you get a chance to go, do it.

I posed for one last photo with Parky Raccoon, the World Parkinson Congress mascot.


YumaBev and Parky
We said our goodbyes to old friends and new ones and went back to our hotel. We head for home in the morning. Attending the 4th WPC was a once in a lifetime event for us. I missed the 3rd WPC in Montreal due to breast cancer and Japan is just too long a trip for me. I loved every minute and am so glad I got to meet so many Parkie celebrities in person.

PS I finally got my camera shy Wonderful Husband to pose for a photo.
Wonderful Husband





No comments:

Post a Comment