Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day Four of My Vacation from Parkinson's Disease (The Final Day)

Thursday, March 1, 2012, Day Four of my vacation from Parkinson's Disease started way, way too early.  It was after midnight before I got to sleep and I woke up at 4 am. We didn't need to pick Lynn up until later, so I let my Wonderful Husband sleep in.  I played on the computer and started writing this series of humor stories.  
Lost? Read Day One and Day Two and Day Three


We picked Lynn up at her hotel at 10 am and she and her Dad posed for some pictures, then we headed through the desert towards Phoenix, 200 miles away.  We stopped at In-N-Out Burger and grabbed a bite and then fought our way through the traffic and dropped Lynn off at the airport.  It was a tearful goodbye for all of us.  Lynn is his only daughter.


I  always drive in the big cities because I was born with MapQuest pre-installed in my brain's hard drive.  On the way out of the airport, my brain's hard drive froze and I took the wrong exit.  I didn't have a map with me, so I had to keep taking exit after exit until I got headed towards home. Needless to say, getting out of Phoenix was a huge nightmare and totally stressed me out.  By the time we got to Gila Bend (a town in the middle of nowhere), I had enough.  I pulled over and my Wonderful Husband drove the rest of the way home through 100 miles of desert and cactus.  


We got home about 5:30 pm and I crashed, I just had to lay down.  An hour later, we ate the rest of the subs we'd bought the night before and I put on my jammies and flopped on the sofa.  Lynn called when she got home, which was 9:00 pm our time and I went to bed soon after.  


My Wonderful Husband asked me if I missed being around people my own age (Lynn is a few years younger than me) and doing his Daughter's kind of fun.  Hell no! was my answer.  I may look like I'm in my 30's, but I'm actually 51 and most days I feel like I'm 80 or 90.  


So, after my 4 day vacation from Parkinson's, I still haven't caught up and it's a week later. 

Maybe I need a vacation?
  
PS  I've still got the tan!







Thank you for reading this story, I hope you enjoyed it. This is just one of a hundred stories in my book, Parkinson's Humor - Funny Stories about My Life with Parkinson's Disease. Please consider purchasing a copy from Amazon.com or your favorite online book seller. Thank you and have a Happy Parkie Day!

2 comments:

  1. In and out burgers a fantastic they are the best too bad thye don't have them across the country/ Making me want ine for sure Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. darn brain hard-drive. :)
    Le Feux

    ReplyDelete