Total Pageviews

Friday, April 6, 2012

Parkinson's Disease Awareness Month - PDF and Yuma County Libraries team up with Yuma Bev

I ordered pamphlets from the Parkinson's Disease Foundation (PDF), then I stopped and talked to Iris, the manager of my local branch Library about setting up a display for Parkinson's Disease Awareness Month.  She loved the idea and she suggested that I talk to someone at the Main Library.  I talked to the Main Library and they said they'd be happy to do something county wide, so I gave all the pamphlets to Iris and she would take them to the next managers meeting.


WOW!
Yesterday I went in to my local branch and Iris had set up a beautiful display. I had my camera with me and I snapped a few pictures.
Iris and Bev with PDF display

Foothills Library PDF display











Later in the day, I stopped in to the Main Library and they had set up a wonderful display as well. 

Aurora and the Main Library PDF display 
Main Library PDF display














It was easy, I ordered materials and then asked my library to set up a display. I bet you could get your local library to do the same thing.

Clicking on anything COLORED in a story will open another window and take you to that link.

Thank you for reading this story, I hope you enjoyed it. This is just one of a hundred stories in my book, Parkinson's Humor - Funny Stories about My Life with Parkinson's Disease. Please consider purchasing a copy from Amazon or your favorite online book seller.  Thank you and have a Happy Parkie Day!

1 comment:

  1. I am interested in the anti-shake software for photography. My husband has Parkinson's and is interested in taking pictures. Thanks, Marla Chadwick

    ReplyDelete