Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Walk Quietly and Carry a Big Stick

My Parkie friend Rick lives in northern Maine and makes walking sticks in his spare time. Last Spring, I traded him a copy of my Parkinson's Humor book for a walking stick. I didn't get to use it over the Summer. Since my DBS surgery, I sleep later and I have missed many sunrises. By the time I would get up, it was just too darn hot to walk.

However, now that the weather is cooler, I started walking again. Usually, I walk late in the afternoon, about 4:30 pm. My neighbor, Freida, walks with me. 


Sometimes I walk by myself, in the morning, and the one day I forgot to take the walking stick with me, I needed it. Not for walking, but to fight off a fierce dog that decided to chase me; barking and trying to bite me. So, I turned around and in my gruffest voice possible, I barked right back at it and then stomped my foot and finally, it decided to run off back home. Needless to say, I don't walk past that house anymore, but from now on, I always remember to carry my big stick.


Clicking on the colored words will open a new window and take you to a different story or link.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy I found your blog. You have a wonderfully positive attitude and I see that is what keeps you going. My husband has the disease, and I was originally diagnosed with it, but since it was decided I have Essential Tremors instead. I'll be looking forward to more of your posts. I have a blog too if you are interested in reading it.

    ReplyDelete