Total Pageviews

Friday, September 21, 2012

Parkie Pizza Party

I am a very lucky Parkie. The counter on this blog hit 50,000 recently, so my Wonderful Husband decided to have a little party. He asked me what I wanted and I said, "Let's make it easy and have Pizza and Cake."



We invited a few neighbors and then I went to the store and found pretty paper plates and napkins (made in the USA), so I wouldn't have dirty dishes. Wonderful Hubby made up a nice salad, bought the cake and ice cream, and soon the doorbell rang. 



Nancy was the first to arrive, carrying a beautiful black vase filled with white daisies. She said, "I remember reading, in your book, that black & white are your favorite colors."



George and Freida, my walking buddies, arrived next, carrying a basket full of gorgeous flowers.



Phil & Ruth soon followed carrying a big vase of bright yellow and orange flowers. 



I was so excited, and overwhelmed, I almost completely forgot about the pizza. Fortunately, my Wonderful Husband did not, he ordered the pizzas, went and got them and we had a nice little party. We laughed and joked and were just plain silly and for a little while, I forgot I had Parkinson's.

Yes, I am a very, very lucky Parkie with a Wonderful Husband and Wonderful Neighbors. Plus I got to eat pizza, and have cake and ice cream. Life is indeed good.





2 comments:

  1. Wow, Bev! I love all the colors! It looks like you had a grand time! What I think is neat is the way the pictures go from the black and white to the really bright colors in your pictures. Very nice. JC said to tell you he didn't get any pizza. Ha ha! Congratulations on your 50,000th view! Mary <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughter may be the best medicine, but it is followed closely by ice cream and chocolate in second and third places.

    ReplyDelete